Re: chmod permission denied on windows 2008

On Jul  7 17:47, Dave Korn wrote:
> Steven Hartland wrote on 07 July 2008 17:12:
> > From: "Corinna Vinschen"
> >> The DLL has been build with VC++ due to the lack of a 64 bit capable gcc
> >> for Cygwin.  As long as this is the case, rebaseall will have to be
> >> changed to skip cyglsa.dll and cyglsa64.dll.  For the time being, what
> >> you did is the right thing to do.
> >
> > Hmm cyglsa.dll appeared to process fine could this cause an issue?

No.  Cyglsa.dll as well as cyglsa64.dll are not linked in to
applications, but into the LSA, so they could potentially be locked by
the OS.  Even though cyglsa.dll *could* be rebased, it doesn't make any
sense and could just result in trouble.

> ...uhh, what I meant to say is, "Surely the problem here is that rebase
> can't process an in-use DLL and the lsa dll is always in-use from very early
> system startup - hence why replacing it in setup.exe requires a

It's only in use after you manually called cyglsa-config and rebooted the
machine, and if you did that, only one of the DLLs is in use depending on
using a 32-bit or 64-bit OS.

Corinna

Red Hat