Re: Exim problem

----- Original Message -----
From: "r" <r>
To: cygwin
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2008 4:35 PM
Subject: Exim problem

| I have a little problem with exim : sending emails to big providers like
| gmail.com, yahoo.com .. I have no problem. But when I send email to my
| company account ( where I work ) from mutt/exim, email does not arrive.
| And no errors come back.
| I thought it can be some filter they have. I discovered that, while mutt
| compile headers correctly ( with my home account xxxx@gmail.com ), it
| seems that exim qualify me with the linux_login_account@_my_computer_name
| ( that is Proprietario@nome-1m3b12i2gp ). Here I post a mail header :

<snip>

| I saw that the last header part is correct ( I think it is written from
| mutt ) on the contrary, the first header part report as sender
| Proprietario@nome-1m3b12i2gp, that is my login account @ my computer
| name.
| I just wanted to know if anyone knows if I can change that
| Proprietario@nome-1m3b12i2gp with xxxxx@gmail.com.
| ( I tried with the headers_rewrite = Proprietario@nome-1m3b12i2gp \
|                                     xxxxx@gmail.com
|  but nothing change )

Header rewriting should work, see chapter 31 of the exim doc (www.exim.org).
I am not expert on that. It can be tested like "exim -brw ph10@exim.workshop.example"
Perhaps you should rewrite only "Proprietaro", without domain, or use a wildcard.

I would try to use the -f switch of exim when calling exim from mutt.
In your ~/.muttrc
set sendmail="/usr/bin/exim -f xxxxx@gmail.com -i"
I hope this works!

Pierre