Re: sshd [5.1p1] fails on seteuid "permission denied"

On Tue, Aug 05, 2008 at 06:42:46PM -0500, Ren? Berber wrote:
> [snip]
> >I can invoke /usr/sbin/sshd but not log in via same.  I have tried it
> >with and without privilege separation, with and without re-exec and in
> >various other permutations.  It always fails on the seteuid call.
> [snip]
> >I can't find a workaround for this.  Any ideas?
> [snip]
>
> Read the instructions inside: /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/openssh.README

If you're referring to the ssh-host-config run, I've done that six
times, with (I think) every reasonable combination of answers to the
config questions.  Also ssh-user-config, though that's much less
relevant here.

If you're referring to something else, I wish you'd give me more of a
hint.  Otherwise, I might think the above is a lot like the "you're
not doing it right" non-answers I found when searching on the error
message.

jd