Re: is sddt.exe part of the cygwin installer? (possible corruption of gatech mirror)

Eric Freudenthal wrote:

> I just installed cygwin under vista from a http mirror on
> gtlab.gatech.edu.  I noticed that an process named sddt.exe gobbled
> many cycles during the installation.  afterwards, I could neither find
> a file by this name, nor could find it in the cygwin tars.  I'd love
> to know that sddt was supposed to run at that time, and would probably
> be better off knowing if it was not.

It's not part of Cygwin.

Looking at
http://www.prevx.com/filenames/3781527093791054792-0/SDDT.EXE.html it
seems to be a known trojan virus.

If you are sure it came with setup.exe you should send it (setup.exe)
for scanning to, for instance, http://www.virustotal.com/ or
http://www.virscan.org/

Sorry for the bad news.
--