Re: "cygintl-8 not found" issue

On Sat, Oct 04, 2008 at 09:12:04PM -0700, Doug & Vicky Music wrote:
>Having read all that the mail archives offer on "cygintl-8 not found",
>I would like to report that it and it's install package are both
>missing from the distribution if one downloads the image and then
>installs from local.  A grep of the entire tree of directories and
>files failed to find either.  If they are there, Linux cannot find
>them.

If you have read the email archives or closely inspected the cygwin.com
site you should have seen that you can find the package which contains a
particular file by using http://cygwin.com/packages/ or, more
specifically:

http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi?grep=cygintl-8.dll

The above page will show you that there is a package, called libintl8,
which contains cygintl-8.dll.  Manual inspection of that package in the
cygwin release directory shows this:

  % tar vtjf libintl8-0.15-1.tar.bz2
  -rwxr-xr-x cwilson/None  31744 2006-10-23 00:23:09 usr/bin/cygintl-8.dll

So, the file *is* available for download and, in fact, the newer version
of setup.exe which is available from the cygwin web site should fix the
problem of not downloading it automatically for any package that lists
it in its dependencies.

cgf