Re: Cygwin bash

Greg Chicares wrote:
On 2008-10-07 03:58 - ?, John Emmas wrote:
When I double click the 'Cygwin' icon on my Windows desktop, a DOS-like
window opens which I'm led to believe is Cygwin's bash terminal.  However,
with every version of Linux that I've used, the bash terminal had menus
allowing me to do certain things like (for example) copying & pasting text.

Click on the window's frame icon, and pick "Properties". This page http://www.cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/setup-files.html says how to set it up to use the commands on the "Edit" submenu.

Also, is it possible to configure the appearance for the bash terminal?  On
my system the window is pretty small and some of the text is dark green on
a black background.  Both of these make it quite difficult to work with.

You can configure size and colors in the "Properties" dialog.

For more power, consider using (e.g.) 'screen':

There's also the FAQ:

<http://cygwin.com/faq/faq-nochunks.html#faq.using.console-window>

as well as many threads in the email archives to offer help and
suggestions here.  That's not to say 'screen' isn't a good option
of course. :-)

Holliston, MA 01746