Re: Executables made by Linux is not running on Cygwin

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 10:46 AM, Danilo Turina
<danilo.turina@alcatel-lucent.it> wrote:
> The long answer is... well there are hundreds of brilliant persons in this
> list that can give you the long answer better than I could possibly do.

Cygwin is source compatible, not binary compatible with Linux.  This
means source code needs to be compiled specifically for Linux or
Cygwin.  This is true of many versions of UNIX and even between 32 and
64 bit versions of each OS.

Brett