Re: Compile time Local Cygwin vs. VMware session on same system

Mark J. Reed wrote:

Long story short, this is probably not so much a Cygwin issue
as general Windows issue...

No, I think that's going too far. It's a mismatch between the Windows
and UNIX process models, and the fact that compilation via make(1) is
optimized for the latter.

Agreed. I was trying to say that no amount of tweaking and hand-wringing would force make to run as fast in a windows environment as in a Unix environment.

Ralph