Re: NFS server v3

Fredrik Hamberg wrote:

> I am using the cygwin NFS server on a Vista machine.
> I works great but I have one problem.
> The embedded Linux box that use the NFS server to record tv programs
> want to write files bigger than 2GB.
> I seems like the current NFS server in cygwin is v2, i.e not
> supporting files larger than 2GB.
> I think NFS server v3 can handle larger files.
> Does anybody know if there is any plan to release a new NFS server in
> cygwin that supports larger files than 2GB.

Don't know about plans but, have you tried building this one?

	http://packages.debian.org/stable/net/unfs3

It probably builds out of the box and could just replace the current
server, which BTW is no longer listed on Debian (I followed the link
given in /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/nfs-server-2.3-5.README .)
--
René Berber