Re: cygwin g++ strictness

Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
From: Eric Blake

It is not portable to platforms with 16-bit int (although these days, such platforms are museumware).

That, or: - Running your car's engineware. - Exploding an airbag into your face on detecting a collisionware. - Recording your vital signsware. - Pumping insulin into youware. - Doing your laundyware - Computerized exercise machinewear - Microwaveware - A billion other products with 8- and 16-bit microcontrollers in themware.

CSci doesn't begin and end with the CPU currently on our desks!

Thanks for reminding everyone that GCC is used for more than building desktop software. And to bring this around to Cygwin again, I've been using GCC for ARM under Cygwin for a few years now to build my Lua for the LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT.

Having been through the gauntlet porting C code from 8 to 16 to 32 bit
machines, I've been bitten by almost every possible portability bug
there is - and I agree with Gary

Fix it the right way so that it's truly protable.

Ralph
Cheers, Ralph