Re: how do I report a bug in cygpath

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 11:07:23PM -0500, Lee Dilkie wrote:
>
>> Christopher Faylor wrote:

>>> Sorry but this WJFFM in cygwin-1.7.0-31 although the double // in the
>>> -ua case is annoying.
>>>

>> Sorry, but where is the manual or documentation for 1.7.?
>>

> 1.7.0 hasn't been released.  It's in a "If you have to ask you probably
> shouldn't be using it" state.
>
> cygpath --help
>
> Will provide you with accurate help.

Thanks, but I guess I was looking for more along the lines of change
logs or something. You know, a headsup along the lines of the faw for
1.5. But as you say, it's still in development.

>> Is it intentional that the output of cygpath would change in such a
>> non-backwards-compatible way? Showing only absolute paths in windows
>> broke my makefile scripts.
>>

> Please don't jump to conclusions.  No one has said anything about
> changing the output of cygpath
Sorry, I misunderstood your "WJFFM in cygwin 1.7.0-31" comment. I
thought you meant that this output was intentional.

So that now leaves us with my my cygwin 1.7 install produces the same
output for "cygpath -m foo" and "cygpath -ma foo". I have tried this on
two machines, with the same results.

$ cygpath foo
foo
$ cygpath -m foo
C:/Documents and Settings/v-leed/foo
$ cygpath -ma foo
C:/Documents and Settings/v-leed/foo
$

And while I'm at it... Dumb question. How do I find out what version of
cygwin is installed? You're comment about 1.7.0-31 has me curious.
> .
>
> If you read
>
> http://cygwin.com/problems.html
>
> that is one of the subtle points that is trying to be made.

I have read that page in the past, and again just now. I'm not seeing
the subtle point... 'course it could be *real* subtle... ;)