/usr/lib/xeleven replaced

Hi,

Any idea what may have caused this. I run cygwin bash in an rxvt window, and
suddenly a couple of days ago it started opening with a white background
instead of black, with a smaller font, etc., i.e. it somehow lost all its
resources. It turns out that it can't find the resource file
/usr/lib/X11/app-defaults/Rxvt because there is no longer a
/usr/lib/X11/app-defaults.

Comparing this to another Cygwin installation, /usr/lib/X11 should be a link
to /cygdrive/c/Cygwin/usr/X11R6/lib/X11 but for some reason in the broken
installation that link has gone and instead /usr/lib/X11 is now an actual
directory containing a single file Xcms.txt, a "Sample Color Name Database".

Right before this happened I was trying to diagnose an error that I was
getting from dircolors in a MinGW installation and I did the following in
this cygwin installation (these commands are still in the history list):

  492  rm -rf /tmp/col*
  493  dircolors
  494  which dircolors

Could running dircolors there explain this replacement of the X11 symbolic
link with a directory containing the color name database? If not, any other
idea how it could have happened?

Ian

PS, it you're wondering why "xeleven", the mailer daemon kept bouncing
previous attempts to send this with "X11" in the subject line.