Re: rxvt missing cygXpm-4.dll after updated to rxvt-20050409-8

WxH wrote:
> I just updated rxvt to 20050409-8. However,
>
> $ rxvt
> /usr/bin/rxvt.exe: error while loading shared libraries: cygXpm-4.dll: cannot
>
> It seems that I will have to install X, which I have been trying to avoid. Any
> ideas?

It's a bug. There was apparently an issue in the build system with
regards to locating the appropriate libraries. Now that the X libraries
are in /usr/lib, they are searched by default EVEN IF you explicitly say
-L/no/I/want/this/other/library -lXpm.

I'm sorry I didn't notice this dependency before I shipped the update.
For now, roll back to the -7 release; I'd build another update soon.

This time I'm going to brute force the build system to link to the
correct libraries.

--
Chuck