Re: Root Permissions - Vista Home Edition

Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 11:34:49AM -0500, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
David Halstead wrote:
Hi,
I have spent a week trying to find how to 'su' or login as root, and have failed abysmally.
Could you please help me resolve this.
"root" doesn't mean anything on Windows natively.  "Administrator" is a
close (but still quite different) substitute.  In any case, try installing
the 'openssh' package, configuring it as per the readme in
/usr/share/doc/Cygwin, and then 'ssh Administrator@localhost'.  Use
password authentication (the default really).

It appears that there is no way to grant the permissions stated in Corinnas Document, but there has to be some way round the problem.
Ah yes, Corinna's document.  We're all so familiar with this document so
it is called just that - "Corinna's Document" or CD for short.  ;-)

Actually, I'm so familiar with it that I refer to it as "" for short.

LOL!

It seems like some judicious reading of http://problems.html might be in
order.

Or even just http://p.htm for short! ;-)

Seriously, the link below is useful reading when looking for help from
this list:

Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746