Re: rsync 3.0.4 over ssh hanging on cygwin 1.7

Hi Ged,

Thanks for the info, due to being on a University campus, we are restricted in what we are allowed to set up and VPN's are one of those explicitly mentioned :-( However, since OsX has a built in VPN server, I will perhaps have a covert test of this if I can get rsyncd to play nice.

In the meantime, if anyone has any ideas as to where the problem lies, I would be willing to spend some time investigating it further. It does seem to be a longstanding issue, with posts as far back as 2002 and as recent as last month on the subject. Not having rsync working is a dealbreaker as far as we are concerned in continuing to use cygwin, but equally there doesn't seem to be a suitable alternative at present...

Thanks,

Fred.