Re: Problem with aliases in bash as login shell

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 09:10:32AM -0600, Ryan Stewart wrote:
>On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 8:46 AM, Morche Matthias
><Matthias.Morche@p7s1produktion.de> wrote:
>> I bet Your line with the call of .bashrc from .bash_profile looks like
>> .bashrc
>> change it to
>> . .bashrc
>> and it will do what You intend and then RTFM for an explanation :-)
>>
>Thanks. I'm a linux nub. It took a good bit of looking to find an
>explanation though, especially since no search engine understands "."
>as a search term.

Type "info bash" or "man bash" and then:

/ \.
 ^  ^
space
here

to searche for space dot space.  This may not hit the appropriate
description in the first try but typing "n" will get you there quickly.

Also, knowing that "." is a command you can look under
"SHELL BUILTIN COMMANDS".