Re: FW: how do i port applications from linux environment to windows vc++

Rajagopal, Prasanth wrote:

> I am not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question, but how
> do I port applications from Linux environment to windows vc++?
Not the right forum, if you're thinking of adding non-portable stuff, or
you depend on stuff not supported by VC.
> Assume I have only the C source codes, which do not use any system calls
> at all. But what about the header files? And Compiler difference?
> What all should I take care?
Already outside the scope of this forum.  You can run CL /?  I'll mention
that VC doesn't support std=c99; some of the features are available in
C++, of course.  Nor does VC support auto-vectorization; surely you knew
that.  Options aren't entirely consistent between x86 and x64.

> I have an application that I compiled and executed with cygwin and now I
> want to move that to VC++.
I open a cmd window which is set up in accordance with vcvarsxx.bat, and
then run my \cygwin\cygwin  .bat script, so as to have bash and make
available.  I make a separate version of my Makefile with VC9 options.
You may call it cheating, but attempts to use ancient versions of NM are
to be avoided; gnu make is viable with VC in both cygwin and mingw
versions.  GUI issues are well outside the scope of this list.