RE: printf goes to serial port?

> From: Alex Martin
>
> Hello,
>
> I have a cygwin environment, running some software I am
> writing to talk to some serial devices.
>
> Somehow, trying to debug why I could not see printf output to
> console, I ran a serial port sniffer and voila all of my
> printf commands are writing on the serial port.

I can't say that it would cross my mind to look for my missing printf output
on a serial port, even if I was using a serial port in other parts of the
program to talk to something.  Whatever it was that gave you the hunch to do
that is probably at the core of your problem.

> Any idea how to fix this?

Well, no, not really, since you've given very few details to go on.  I'd
SWAG that you've somewhere, somehow, redirected stdout to the serial port
you're trying to talk to those devices on.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle