Re: FAQ on installing a build from source ?

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 06:36:56PM +1100, fred wrote:
> Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
>> fred wrote:

>>> ok thanks, but what your saying is that still up to date ?
>>
>> Yes.
>>
>>> I mean configure generated a subdirectory .\i686-pc-cygwin, and make put
>>> all the object files and build under that
>>
>> Sorry, I don't grok the above.
>
> Sorry, don't understand your reply here?
>>
>>> and whats the cygwin0.dll ???
>>
>> That's what you built.  It's used for testing/debugging since you need
>> 2 DLLs in these situations.
>
> I know I built it, just don't know what to do with it and how it fits in

Let's stop this loop please.  Two people have pointed you at the build
instructions.  If you read them you will not have to worry about where
cygwin0.dll fits in.  Specifically, you install the DLL using "make
install" and that should make things clear.

If you have specific questions about "make install" please send them.
Otherwise, I don't think there is any reason to keep the loop going.

cgf