Re: MinTTY

Robert Pendell wrote:
I modified cygwin.bat to execute mintty.
Looks like mintty doesn't detach completely on it's own

Yep, that's a known issue (number 4 in the issue tracker), and I haven't yet worked out how to do this properly. I've tried closing files 0 through 3 and doing a setsid(), but that's not sufficient. Hints on how to detach properly would be much appreciated.

I appended
'start' to the beginning to it.  The program will continue to run but
the black box will disappear.  If start doesn't work then use 'cygstart'
instead as that one is supplied by cygwin.  Basically the last line of
cygwin.bat was changed to show as...

start mintty bash --login -i

Thanks! That's a good workaround.

Andy