RE: MinTTY

Thorsten Kampe wrote on Thursday, January 01, 2009 11:37 AM:
> * Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E] (Wed, 31 Dec 2008 15:03:48 -0500)>
>> Thorsten Kampe wrote on Wednesday, December 31, 2008 9:40 AM:
>>> you have to use "start".
>>
>> Or "cygstart.exe"?
>
> Right. Although there is no real advantage to use that instead of
> start.

On XP there is no start.exe.  (98se )  So you have to use
        cmd /c start

The main advantage of cygstart is that it understands POSIX paths.

I seem to remember that sometimes quoting can be simpler with cygstart
than with `cmd /c start'.

> Okay. Can we say "a little bit lengthy although not as lenghty as
> someone might expect"?

Yes.  :-)

Actually, when I started writing the steps to get at the environmental
variables I was surprised that it was so much longer than I remembered.

- Barry