Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: parrot-0.8.2-1 with parrot-perl6 and parrot-languages

Charles Wilson schrieb:
Reini Urban wrote:

Thanks to all our contributors for making this possible, and our
sponsors for supporting this project. Our next release is 20 January
2009, where all the cygwin patches will be merged into trunk. Until then
cygwin is still the only parrot release which works without the source
tree.

Wow. Just...wow! Cygwin -- as a development platform -- supports parrot features that no other platform supports! (Sure, they are build/infrastructure features and not end-user-visible ones, but still...)

Let's hear it for Reini and the other cygwin/parrot contributors!

Unfortunately my big 405kb src patch still didn't make it the next release on January 20, only parts of it.

But then at least other packagers get a little bit of more core support of being installable.
--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/ http://murbreak.at/