Re: setup 2.573.2.3 configure fails libgpg-error/libgcrypt

On 2009-01-13, Grant Edwards <grante@visi.com> wrote:
> On 2009-01-13, Dave Korn <dave.korn.cygwin@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> Looking in the snapshot tarball, it seems that configure.in
>> does indeed have the original (unpatched or reverted) code, so
>> why doesn't it have the gpg-error-config-fake script as well?
>> I went digging in the source directory where I originally
>> built the tarball that's currently on the cygwin website, and
>> the file is there in the sources, but it's not in the
>> generated tarball!
>
> I know that feeling...
>
>> It turns out that adding files to the sources doesn't
>> automatically cause them to end up in the source tarball; you
>> need to list them explicitly.  That happens for you if they're
>> C or C++ source or header files, but not for shell scripts.
>> Argh, my bad!  Thanks for spotting it.
>
> [...]
>
>> You can download a copy from the sourceware CVS repository via
>> the web interface here:
>>
>> http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/setup/gpg-error-config-fake?cvsroot=cygwin-apps
>>
>> and drop it in with the rest of the sources.
>
> I grabbed a copy out of CVS, and it built fine and is working.

Just for the sake of documenting what didn't work, I also tried
deleting the usage of the "fake" config utility from the
configure script, and that failed because it then used the
cygwin system's already-installed gpg-error libraries.  Those
are "Cygwin" libraries and what's required are "Mingw"
libraries, so the final linking step failed.  That's pretty
much what I had expected since setup.exe isn't a Cygwin
application.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I'm encased in the
                                  at               lining of a pure pork