Apache2 under Cygwin on Vista

In June of last year, there was a brief thread with the above subject.
I found it in the archive at:
     http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2008-06/msg00459.html

I am having similar problems getting apache to run on a new laptop that comes with vista. The only difference is that I am running the 64 bit Home premium version of Vista, not the 32 bit Business version. Like the above writer, I too have had cygwin apache running on XP.

There are two problems in Vista: the first is getting cygserver to run
as a service; the second is to get the apache server to run using
apachectl2.

With a great deal of mucking about,I managed to get cygserver to run as
a service. That is, it appears in the services panel and can be started
(but not stopped) from the services panel. But when I try to start
apache, I get this message:
3380 Bad system call $HTTPD -k $ARGV
So, I assume, cygserver is not working or not working properly. I do have the CYGWIN environment variable set to server:
$ set | grep server
CYGWIN=server

I got cygserver to run as a service by turning off the User Account Controls, and then changing the permissions of both cygrunsrv and cygserver to admin, using the compatibility tabs of their properties panels.

Any help would be appreciated.

Myron Turner