dislikes with vim 7.2

I don't like changes in "default" behavior of certain programs. Vim7.2 is one. How can I turn off "autoindent". In my .vimrc file, I have "set noautoindent" and issued in comand mode ":set notutoindent" but it still autoindens. If I insert a new line below a .vimrc comment, not oinly is the line autoindent'd but it also places another comment (") character. I don't like editors that second guess you and they be incorrect.

Another new feature I don't care for: It highlights pairs of special characters. Lile "(......)", if your cursor is on the opening "(", the closing ")" character is higligthed with green square which makes the character unreadable with my vision problems. I would like to be able to change the color to something different or disable than option.

Another option I would like to disable, the "u"ndo command. I'm a 25 year vetran of the real "vi" command and ANY MORE than a single "u" is ignored.in deleting characters. I frequently use two (uu) commands to find my place on the screen. Now the "u" command will undo multiple edits and not just undo the undo command.

Call me picky,
-Paul