Re: cydwin not starting - cygreadline6.dll missing

Luca.Maltagliati@aero.jussieu.fr wrote:

I installed cydwin (I have windows XP (SP3)) with the setup.exe, adding only the openssh to the basic.

I don't suppose you tried, first, to install Cygwin 1.7, then later installed 1.5? If so, this and other bad things will happen. See:

The fix is to go back through setup.exe, and do a forced reinstall of bash, libreadline, and libncurses, at minimum.

Either that, or totally nuke your 1.7 attempt and retry the 1.5 install from scratch.

Searching the package list gave me back zero results

That's weird. I can confirm. It should give you libreadline6-*. Maybe there's something broken with the package indexer.