Re: Tried mintty but it locks-up on enabling "Copy on select"

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 07:29:03 +0000
Andy Koppe <andy.koppe@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> That's a new one actually. Can you reproduce it? If it's not too much
> >> bother, any details about the bug and your system would be
> >> appreciated. The ~/.minttyrc file might be helpful too.
> >
> > It's winxp with latest patches and I think I have latest cygwin.
> > Although I'm not certain of that.
>
> I suspect most users will have 'copy on select' enabled and there've
> been no problems reported so far, so particular circumstances on your
> setup must be exposing a latent bug. Hence the .minttyrc and the
> stackdump would be useful.

I'm passing on using mintty.  But I'll give you steps to reproduce.

1) run setup.exe
2) download -- but don't install
3) run setup.exe -- install from local dir
4) in filemanager dbl-click mintty.exe
5) in the term rt-click->Options->mouse->enable copy-on-select
6) mintty becomes unresponsive
7) kill mintty.exe and the associated bash.exe

I tried these steps today and was unable to reproduce.

> Also, a few more questions, if you're willing to help tracking it
> down.

Q1) Does it lock up as soon as you start mintty or the first time you try to copy something?

Q2) Have you got any clipboard utilities running?

Q3) Does it work if you delete or rename ~/.minttyrc to go back to the default settings and copy something through the context menu?

A1) See steps to repro above
A2) Every application has access to the clipboard, right? So yes.
A3) Didn't find a .minttyrc, does mintty create one when it starts?
    What does mintty put in there if it creates one?