Re: RFE?: CygWinDir in ENV? (was Re: How does one find where Cygwin was installed from Windows?)

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009, Linda Walsh <cygwin@tlinx.org> wrote:
Then anything else in "Cygwin" that uses paths -- including setup's
"cygwin.bat" could use %CygWinDir%

Not that there's being a vote taken or anything, but I would like to support that notion. I have several "trampoline" scripts, a bat file doing nothing but invoking a corresponding bash shell script or Perl program. I have to hard-code a location for the bash / perl interpreter, but those locations change from user to user (some people install under c:\, some under the standard location). I would like to have the scripts work for any system.

--
Tim McDaniel, tmcd@panix.com