Re: GCC 4.3.2 OpenMP Support in Cygwin

Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> Michael Craft wrote:
>> I am trying to compile an OpenMP program in Cygwin using GCC 4.3.2
>> installed from the repositories. This program compiles in linux with
>> the exact same compiler fine.
>>
>> $ gcc-4 -std=gnu99 -fopenmp -o mvp-cygwin matrix-vector-bench.c
>> matrix-vector-bench.c:11:18: error: omp.h: No such file or directory
>>
>> Can anyone help?
>
> Sorry, I know nothing about OpenMP but the above suggests to me that
> the compiler can't find "omp.h".  Does it exist?

  GOMP, the GNU OpenMP library implementation, is shipped with GCC series 4,
but was not enabled in earlier builds of the Cygwin distro compiler.  It will
be included in the upcoming gcc4-4.3.2-2 release, ETA within the next seven
days.  There's a home page at:

http://gcc.gnu.org/projects/gomp/

    cheers,
      DaveK