Emacs maintainer [was Re: POP Rmail in Emacs]

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Let me rephrase: we need a more active maintainer of the Cygwin Emacs.

As a matter of fact, reports of Cygwin-related problems on the Emacs
development and bug-reporting lists don't get any responses from
Steffen Sledz.  Searching the emacs-devel and bug-gnu-emacs archives
for his name yields zero hits.

I'm really sorry for my low activity.

I'm a bit depressed because of my unsuccessful fighting with the build system (see some other threads in cygwin-apps). This detained (and detains) me from working on the emacs problems. But i hope there will come better times.

Also my try to take over maintainership for emacs was made out of necessity because no one else was willing to do this. And i don't want to see emacs vanish from cygwin. May be the task is a bit to big for me. So if there is somebody else interested in taking over the maintainership or to share it with me, you're welcome.

Steffen