Re: Conjoining Setup & CygWine & Some Other Requirements.

somebody>> We have loads of suggestions for changes to Cygwin or setup.exe.

somebody>> Where can I get the these suggestions ?

somebody>> the mailing list.

I speak up about this.

I and others have asked for the ability to specify a "group of packages to install"

The use-case/example is this:

I am a tools maintainer for a group of people.
I want to ensure a "common minimally conforming installation" across multiple machines.
I want to create a "URL" which I will ensure has all of the required files.
[ie: A common network drive, an internal/external HTTP site].
I'd like the ability to specify all install options from the command line, examples: "all users", "bin files", etc ...

Another example would be this:
I produce an "arm cross compile tool chain" and produce a CD ROM with all the files on it.
So - how can I run cygwin's setup.exe to install all of this stuff?

I would like a "command line tool" that installs the above - with *NO* menu interaction.

It would be great, if I could also tell the tool "Examine my current installation and create the above configuration file" this would let me easily "clone" and/or "compare" an installation.

-Duane.