Re: Setup - command line only

Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
Ralph Hempel wrote:
Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:

No, it's only the 289th time, which probably accounts for why you couldn't
find it with Google. ;-) These kinds of features are missing from
'setup.exe' because there hasn't been a volunteer contributor for them.
If you're interested in contributing something, see the link below:

OK, the update of setup is not supported, but setup DOES in fact allow fully command line based operation. I know because I moaned about it, collected and tested patches, and even contributed a minor fix to the option parsing.

That's true but I believe the OP was lamenting that there wasn't a version that didn't still have the GUI even when run from the command line. If I'm wrong, then I'm sure you've made the OP's day. :-)

That's what I like about this list - there's always another way to interpret a question.

For me, the fact that I can now drive setup using a command line is
good enough. The fact that the GUI is still visible and being driven
by the magic command line incantation is a non-issue for me :-)

Ralph