Re: SSH V.5.1 with Cygwin1.dll 1.7.0: Very large logon times... ---- SUCCESS!!!

On Feb 23 16:59, Carsten.Porzler@spb.de wrote:
> Hello,
> >
> > Please try the latest 1.7.0 incarnation:
> >
> >   http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2009-02/msg00018.html
> >
> > This hopefully fixes the above problem.
> >

> Yes, it works!!!
>
> We need only 1 sec to login via SSH with an Active Directory user.
>
> And it seems, that you have changed also the fact, that a user which logs
> on with his password runs with a network user token (like in some older
> versions) and can access also other network computers.

This is the result of an older patch from back in 2008.

>  But (as before) a
> user which logs on by public key authentication get only a local user
> token. --- That ist also very nice!

Glad to read that.  And, while we're at it, read this:

http://cygwin.com/1.7/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-setuid-overview

1.7 has two new methods to setuid a process and there's maybe something
to gain when using public key authentication...

Corinna

Red Hat