Re: Setup - command line only

Kevin and Nancy wrote:
Ok, I take it back. "setup.exe -q" will work on an SSH remote connection. It remains to be seen if it actually updates packages, but a GUI setup display did not appear on the the local Windows display with a remotely invoked "setup.exe -q". Thus, I question if "setup.exe -q" on a remote SSH session will actually update anything. Cygnus for Windows is "da bom" in my book. You guys have been great in your comments. Usually postings like this for me results in virtual blank stares.

There are more settings you can use to get finer grain control of the operation of setup...

Here's the bach file I use to drive setup so that it can update and
install specific packages. It's a txt file, just rename it to bat
and it will run.

Ralph

@ECHO OFF
REM --------------------------------------------------------------------------
REM batch file to automate setup of Cygwin from the command line

SETLOCAL
  FOR /F %%D in ("%CD%") DO SET DRIVE=%%~dD

  SET DFLTSITE=http://mirror.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/cygwin/

  SET DFLTLOCALDIR=%CD%/download
  SET DFLTROOTDIR=%DRIVE%/cygwinTest

  SET SITE=-s %DFLTSITE%
  SET LOCALDIR=-l %DFLTLOCALDIR%
  SET ROOTDIR=-R %DFLTROOTDIR%

REM --------------------------------------------------------------
REM Here's where I keep track of which packages I've loaded for
REM different types of work

REM C development: gcc4-core make readline

  SET PACKAGES=-P gcc4-core,make,readline

REM General      : diffutils ctags

  SET PACKAGES=%PACKAGES%,diffutils,ctags

REM Packaging     : cygport

  SET PACKAGES=%PACKAGES%,cygport

  setup -q -n -D -L %SITE% %LOCALDIR% %PACKAGES%

ECHO Cygwin installation is updated

ENDLOCAL

EXIT /B 0