Re: SSH/SCREEN/REATTACH bug

> screen hangs when attempting to reattach to a session that wasn't manually detached but instead the ssh connection to the server where screen is running was closed.
>
> i can neither
> screen -list
> nor
> screen -D -RR
>
> to get back into the session. for both calls screen will wait forever but nothing will happen.
> strace screen -list will stop here:
> 329 136923 [main] screen 137852 fhandler_socket::af_local_send_secret: Sending af_local secret succeeded

eval, I've packaged a new test release of screen for Cygwin 1.7.  This version
uses fifos instead of pipes.  It's possible that this change may fix the problem
you reported.

If you want to test it, here's what you'll have to do:

(1) Install the latest Cygwin DLL snapshot into your Cygwin 1.7 installation.
You can download it from http://cygwin.com/snapshots/cygwin1-20090226.dll.bz2,
or from the Cygwin snapshot page, http://cygwin.com/snapshots.  You need the
2009-02-26 snapshot or later.  Once you have that, close all of your Cygwin 1.7
processes, go to the bin directory of your 1.7 installation, move cygwin1.dll
out of the way, unpack the archive, and rename e.g. cygwin1-20090226.dll to
cygwin1.dll.

(2) Get and unpack the test screen installation:

wget http://home.comcast.net/~andrex2/cygwin-1.7/screen/screen-4.0.3-4.tar.bz2
tar -C/ -jxf screen-4.0.3-4.tar.bz2

Now relogin via ssh and see if your problem still occurs.  Good luck, and let us
know how it goes.

Andrew.