Re: [1.7] rebaseall doesn't solve the problem

On 2/28/09, Charles Wilson wrote:
>  Maybe the aslr functionality is different enough -- and useful in enough
>  contexts that differ from rebasing -- that instead of incorporating
>  'call aslr TOO' into rebaseall, there should be a separate 'aslrall' script?

+1 for that suggestion.  It's doing something completely different.
It will only work on systems with ASLR, which IIUC excludes XP SP1 and
2000.  Even where it will work, rebasing might still be required if
there are too many DLLs for _MiImageBitMap to track them all.  Where
it does work completely, the rebasing part of rebaseall should be
unneeded, right?  All of that seems to speak to a desire to have it
available as a separate script, though maybe having a flag for
rebaseall to call that script would be useful.

Hope I didn't misunderstand any of this discussion...  :-)

~Matt