Re: console scroll speed on Win XP

> Is there some option to turn off to make this reasonable or has anyone
> else seen this problem? I set display options to maximize performance
> and there don't seem to be any options available for the cygwin window
> that would help.

Yep, the Windows console is slow alright, and I don't know of any way
to speed it up. What I can recommend are the alternative terminal
emulators available in Cygwin: xterm, rxvt, and the recently added
mintty (by yours truly), all of which scroll a lot faster than the
console.

(Please note that all three share one drawback though: native Windows
console programs might not work correctly in them, particularly
input.)

Andy