Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: experimental package: gcc4-4.3.2-2

Marco Atzeri wrote:

> it seems a 1.7 specific fault. On cygwin 1.5 it works; I never checked
> before :-(

  Odd!  It fails for me on both.  (You did update gcc-4 on *both* your
installations, right?)

> is it possible that Cygwin-1.7 is fooled by the not like-C standard output
> ?
>
> "GFORTRAN_STDOUT_UNITâUnit number for standard output
>
> This environment variable can be used to select the unit number
> preconnected to standard output. This must be a positive integer. The
> default value is 6. "

  I'm not sure.  From what I've studied so far of libgfortran/io, I think the
fortran "unit" numbers are mapped to, rather than directly equivalent to, unix
fds.  It might be a libgfortran bug, or it may even not; there could be some
interaction in the cygwin dll between DLL unload and stdio shutdown during the
exit sequence that fails to flush the stream properly, for example.  Still
investigating.

    cheers,
      DaveK