Re: Connecting to cygwin ssh is slow

Well, I'm still stuck. I tried to change UseDNS to 'no', but editing the
sshd_config file was impossible. The file is owned by cyg_server and even
the Administrator user can't write to it. I tried to change the file
permissions and ssh crashed and the service wouldn't start. I changed the
settings back and still the service couldn't be started. I had to reinstall
the openssh package and now I am back to square 1 again.

How can I edit the sshd_config file? I can't even log in to Windows as
cyg_server and the su command doesn't let me su to any user (I know all the
passwords).

And what is ident, please? We don't have firewalls on our machines. Sniffing
packets like someone suggested is difficult (for me) but I guess I'll try
that too.

I really appreciate all of your help so far.
Thanks.
Udi.