Re: How can I ssh to a Windows box?

Michael Hennebry <hennebry@web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu> wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Mar 2009, Wilfried wrote:
>
> > Michael Hennebry <hennebry@web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu> wrote:

> >> That was my thought, too,
> >> but it seems to be correct and turning it off didn't help.
> >> Could I be missing a similar flag somewhere?
> >
> > Perhaps some antivirus software?
>
> I've got Norton and ThreatFire.

Then uninstall them, restart your PC, and try again.
See http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.using.html#faq.using.bloda

> > Also have a look in
> > (windows') control panel - administration - event viewer - application
> > Any entries for sshd?
> > Any error entries?
>
> Yes.  Four, all the same.

How many entries of sshd do you have after a restart of your computer?
If it's more than one, you should clean up the registry from all entries
pointing to sshd and then re-install the service.

--
Wilfried Hennings