Re: Porting to GCC 4.3.2

VÃclav Haisman wrote:

> Dave Korn wrote, On 16.3.2009 20:52:

>>> I have added -Wl,--enable-auto-import to the compiler command line and it has
>>> fixed the resulting executable for me.
>>   You should have received a warning message during compilation telling you
>> that you might need to do that.  Did it turn up in your earlier builds before
>> you added the flag?
> Yes, the warning is there. I did not notice it in the oodles of other
> auto-import info messages.

  Thanks, just checking that there wasn't a bug causing it to be omitted.

  We've fixed this in upstream CVS versions of 'ld' by enabling auto import by
default for now.  If you're happy with building your own tools, you could
check out the binutils repository and build yourself a version that doesn't
emit all the warnings, or there will be a new binutils release coming along
fairly soon.

    cheers,
      DaveK