Subject: Re: Connecting to cygwin ssh is slow

I came across the very same thing this morning, ironically for the same
reasons. After deciding ssh was too slow and seeing some dns errors show up in the log i went to edit sshd_config to remove dns and found
as you did that I couldn't.

It would seem this was because sshd was running (not that, that makes sense). Trying to vi sshd_config would open the file then after a few
seconds stack dump.

Running as administrator I could not take ownership or change ownership or permissions of the file via any means (cacls/icacls/right click/chmod/chown), also couldn't delete the file (tried unlocker, no locks on the file).

It couldn't have been a permissions issue in the true sense as both
the user and Administrator had full permissions on the file.

This all took place after running ssh-host-config for the first time on a new box (Windows 7 Beta, cygwin 1.7)

I rebooted the box and sshd_config was gone, I wrote a new one and it
has been fine since.

(and yes it connects a lot faster).

perhaps a reboot is required after creating a new user?