Re: [1.7] makeinfo : too many open files

Hi Marco,

On Mar 26 22:09, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> Hi Corinna,
> rebase had no effect.
>
> I packed the test case in
> http://matzeri.altervista.org/strace/
> as makeinfo_test.tar.xz
>

> $ cd doc/interpreter
> $ makeinfo -I.. octave.texi

Thanks for your testcase.

I got the same problem in cygheap.cc as you saw.  makeinfo was unable to
raise the internal Cygwin heap size.  And it was no wonder, really,
because the cygheap had already been raised so much that it hit the
memory location of the next DLL in memory at some 0x67xxxxxx address.
This is *very* unlikely for the cygheap, unless...

What happens is that makeinfo calls pathconf(3) on all input files.  At
one point I had to rewrite pathconf for 1.7 and while doing that I missed
to free memory I allocated for a temporary file handler structure.  This
happens in every single call to pathconf(3).  Ouch!

I fixed this bug in CVS.  A new Cygwin 1.7 test release is due soon.

Thanks again for your report and the testcase,
Corinna

Red Hat