Re: complex number

On Apr  1 14:48, Marco Atzeri wrote:

> Dear All,
> I was trying to understand why this code
>
> #include <iostream>
> #include <complex>
>
> int main()
> {
>   double a = 0;
>   double b = 1. / a;
>   a += 1;
>   std::cout << std::abs (std::complex<double> (b, a)) << '\n';
>  }
>
> produce Inf on most platform and NaN on cygwin.

That's the result of the newlib function which is defined as

  double
  cabs(z)
  struct complex z;
  {
    return hypot(z.x, z.y);
  }

> I found that newlib have the function cabs (complex absolute)
> but in cygwin the prototypes is
>
>     extern double cabs();

The math.h header is from newlib as well.  I don't know why the
math.h header is missing a normal prototype.  I *assume* that nobody
ever made the effort to convert these old functions (cabs is from 1994)
to the ANSI C style.  You should ask this question on the newlib list.

> so just a placeholder but not a useful function.
> There is any reason why cygwin is missing functional
> C99 complex functions ?

Sorry, it's all about newlib.

Corinna

Red Hat