Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: asciidoc-8.3.5-1

Hi Eric,

On Feb  3 07:33, Eric Blake wrote:
> A new version of the asciidoc package, asciidoc 8.3.5-1, is now available
> for download, replacing 8.3.1-2 as current.

I never had a use for this package and never installed it.  Yesterday or
the day before setup-1.7 decided that I have to install the asciidoc
package on one of my machines for some reason.  Today I noticed that the
new vim 7.2.148 is suddenly *insufferable* slow when trying to edit
strace files.

First I suspected Cygwin itself, given the big bunch of changes I made
in 1.7.0-45.  But reverting to an old Cygwin didn't change anything.
Then I noticed that the exact same vim running on another machine using
the exact same Cygwin DLL opening the exact same file was running
normally.

I then puzzled out that on the machine where vim is fast, the filetype
of the strace file was set to "", while on the incredible slow machine,
vim had set the filetype to "asciidoc".

I found that I could revert the slow vim to a fast vim by removing the
file /usr/share/vim/vimfiles/syntax/asciidoc.vim.

Three problems:

- Straces are incorrectly recognized as "asciidoc" files.

- The longer the strace file, the slower vim gets.  Incidentally
  strace files tend to be rather huge.

- There seem to be a bug in one or more of the regular expressions in
  the asciidoc.vim syntax file.

It would be nice if you could have a look into that.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat