AVG7 users beware false positives this morning [ was Re: [1.7]: For the love of god, don't update! ]

Dave Korn wrote:
>   I'm about to use the time machine to install a completely fresh cygwin in a
> vm.  Maybe that'll get things moving again.

  Of ALL the times for AVG to suddenly start misdetecting "conftest.exe" as
"Trojan Horse Generic2.ITN" ... this was not the best moment for it to pick.
:-/  Time to uninstall it I guess, since it's an old version that's going EOL.

    cheers,
      DaveK