Re: [1.7] rebaseall doesn't solve the problem

Jonathan wrote:
> I've read the entire thread here
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2009-02/msg00488.html and it seems to be the
> exact same problem I'm having.  Discussion seems to have stopped though,
> I didn't seem any emails on it for the last three weeks or so.  Is this
> fix or tool ready for end users, or testers?  I've seen this rebase
> issue on Vista with both Perl and Python.

rebase-3.0-2 was announced here:
and it includes the new peflags tool and peflagsall script.

However...

I've found that setting the ASLR flag on the DLLs *helps* on Vista --
but doesn't always work.  Sometimes I'll still get the "fatal error -
unable to remap" issue. This usually happens when:

1) The computer has recently hibernated
2) And I'm doing a TON of perl stuff with lots of fork/execs (e.g.
autoreconf).

It usually fixes itself if you reboot.  This allows Vista to re-allocate
the random base addresses, AND actually obey them.  It's as if it
"forgets" about ASLR after hibernation.

--
Chuck