emacs hanging on Cygwin

Hi,

I'm trying to start using emacs, but it keeps hanging, somewhat randomly.
Usually it is a few minutes after I start it, and I haven't been able to
notice a pattern. Other times it hangs when I try to close it. The window
exits from emacs, but then it just shows the bash shell without the prompt
redisplaying.

I'm using Cygwin 1.5.25-15, and Emacs 21.2.1.

Thanks,
Brandon