Re: popup consoles on Windows 7

On Apr 21 16:35, Andy Koppe wrote:
> 2009/4/16 Corinna Vinschen:
> >> int
> >> main(void)
> >> {
> >> ? HWINSTA wst = CreateWindowStation (0, 0, WINSTA_ALL_ACCESS, 0);
> >> ? SetProcessWindowStation(wst);
> >> ? AllocConsole();
> >> ? Sleep(3000);
> >> ? return 0;
> >> }
> >>
> >> There seems to have been quite a bit of rearchitecting in this area.
> >> On 7 there's a process called 'conhost.exe' for every console, which I
> >> don't think I've seen on previous Windows versions.
> >
> > Confirmed. ?I'm going to send a bug report to MSFT.
>
> Thanks! Is there a way to monitor developments on this issue?

If you have a connect account and are participating officially in the W7
testing, then yes.  Otherwise I fear this is sort of a closed group.
I only got one reply from MSFT so far.  The issue has been forwarded to
the WindowStation/Desktop group.  If I get another reply I'll keep you
informed.

Corinna

Red Hat