Re: How to detect a cygwin thread?

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 02:52:27AM +0200, Piotr Wyderski wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>
>>?This isn't a bug in Cygwin.
>
>I've never made a statement that it is.

And I never claimed that you made a statement that it is so I guess
everything is hunky dory.

>It's just an unexpected and undesired behaviour I wanted to get rid of.
>The context was there to make it clear what exactly is happening on
>that particular control flow path.

>>Your takeaway from this is:
>>
>>1) I don't care about this.  ?Not suspending the "sig" thread fixes my
>>problem.
>
>Yes, it does.  And since when it happens, the program is about to die
>anyway, I don't think that tracking its exact causes is worth of my
>effort.

Ok, then.  From everything you've described, you are relying on fragile
behavior that has nothing to do with Cygwin but if you're ok with the
possibility that your program could hang occasionally then there's just
more hunky doryness.

cgf